This is a six-month program that pairs a suitable Mentor and a Mentee in a mutually rewarding learning and development experience. This year we are also running a CALD Mentoring Program and a Gendered Mentoring Program.
What is it all about?
The structured program is designed to:
- help mentees develop their skills and benefit from an experienced mentor’s knowledge, guidance and insights
- provide mentors the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to a fellow staff member’s career and share their skills and experience
- capitalise on the existing skills and knowledge in the ABC and ABC Alumni to help our future leaders.
Why we do it
- Develops a culture of personal & professional growth
- Demonstrates the ABC principles
- Enhances leadership skills
- Engages and helps motivate staff
- Increases cultural awareness & encourages diversity
- Creates a culture of giving back
What time commitment is involved?
Over the six-month program, it is advisable for Mentees & Mentors to meet at least once a month, however this could be increased if mutually decided upon.
Support available during the program
- A dedicated Program Co-ordinator will be available to support with any questions and provide resources
- Mentor Program Guide: a practical guide full of handy tips to make it a successful partnership
- Mentor Training Video and handy tools for successful Mentoring
How to get involved
Applications are now open to be either a Mentor or Mentee. Just complete and submit the application form below.
Once a suitable Mentee has been matched to you, you will hear back from the Mentoring Program Co-ordinator Ann Newton with further details on how to get started.
For further information. contact Sue Spencer and Peter McEvoy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your participation in the 2022 ABC Mentoring Program